Your wedding ceremony is a truly special occasion. It is a moment to celebrate your love and mark the strength and depth of your commitment to each other.
Unlike a ceremony in a registry office or a church, with a Celebrant-led ceremony there are no set scripts or standard vows, and you are not restricted only to licensed venues. Whilst the legalities will need to be completed separately, your ceremony can be deeply personal and totally unique to you.
Here is an overview of the process we will go through to create your wedding ceremony.
- Meeting or call to discuss your vision and get to know you: After we’ve had an informal chat and you’ve decided to go ahead, we will meet in person or arrange a call to discuss the details of your ceremony. This is an opportunity for you to tell me about your vision for your ceremony.
- Ceremony creation: Based on your vision and the details you share with me, I will create your ceremony and develop your order of service. This may include your favourite poems, readings, and music. It may also include up to three special elements or rituals (if you choose to have them) such as handfasting, unity rituals, rose giving ceremony, or blessing of rings. There are many other elements to choose from and I will be on hand to help you to select the ones that are right for you. Don’t worry if you don’t know what to include, I will provide lots of suggestions and we can work together to get the content just right.
- Unlimited revisions: We will go through the draft ceremony together and revise and update it as many times as you like. To make this process stress-free and enjoyable for you, we will aim to complete the ceremony and have it perfected at least 14 days before the big day.
- Liaison with the team at your chosen venue: I will get in touch with your venue hosts well ahead of your ceremony and, if possible, I will visit the venue to get a sense of the space and the facilities in place, ensuring that you will have everything you need to make your ceremony run without a hitch.
- Rehearsal and run through: Shortly before the big day, we will get together for a rehearsal and run through of the ceremony, either at the venue or in another place of your choosing. Although you will be quite familiar with the content of the ceremony by this point, a rehearsal in the venue and with any friends and family who will be involved in the ceremony is a wonderful way to allay any nerves, and to ensure that everyone is feeling comfortable and relaxed with how the day will unfold.
- Leading your ceremony: On your big day, I will lead your ceremony and ensure it is just how you imagined it to be. I will be on hand to support and guide you and any friends and family who have a role in the ceremony. Should anyone get a bout of stage fright or be too overcome with emotion to do their bit then I will be step in and ensure that things continue to run smoothly.
- Printed and bound keepsake copy of your ceremony: After the ceremony, you will receive a printed, bound, and personalized copy of your ceremony as a memento of the day. Anything used for your special elements or rituals, such as handfasting cords or unity candles, are also yours to keep and treasure.
Price – from £600
Travel costs may be added, depending on location.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to discuss your ceremony.